Cotabato City National High School -- Main Campus has survived many challenges to become the school it is today.
It was established in 1924 as Cotabato City High School in the heart of the city. After World War II, it was transferred to an 8-hectare site donated by the Sero Family at Sinsuat Avenue along the National Highway. It’s name was changed to Cotabato Provincial High School because it was operated by the Province of Cotabato. In 1976 the school was placed under the management of the City of Cotabato . In 1977, the school was placed under the national government because of financial problems and changed its name to Cotabato City National High School.
The changes continued. Principal Dr. Payakan Tilendo ran the school from 1975 to 1983 until it’s conversion to Cotabato City State Polytechnic College in 1983. In 1986, the college turned over the school to DECS Regional office.
The turn over did not include the original site and facilities, so only a portion of the school was given back. This was contested for years by both parties -- the CCSPC and CCNHS-Main. But challenges did not stop the teachers, parents and students from retaining their school's identity. Their efforts paid off when former Maguindanao Congressman Didagen Dilangalen re-established the institution in 2000.
The school has slowly regained its stature. It is still located along Sinsuat Avenue and has four new buildings. These landmarks were constructed progressively under former principals Bai Isradean Sinsuat-Datukan and Dr. Joaquin E. España.
Today the school is being transformed under the leadership of Principal Dr. Panfilo Cedeño. Changes are everywhere. CCNHS-Main stands proud as a leader and as the City's largest school. PeaceTech is fortunate to have the school and team as partners!
Let's talk about how to build understanding
Get notified about the latest news and events
Tell us what's on your mind